Performance QualityHow durable the ball is85%
Power The potential level of power the strings off if strung and hit correctly40%
- Buying Guide
- Returns & Warranty
- Price Match Promise
- Pentagonal string for bite and spin
- Made in Japan
- Long Lasting Durability
- Low powered control string
The Yonex Polytour Spin is a polyester tennis string designed for experienced, aggressive swinging players, looking for great spin.
Polytour Spin is a firm, solid feeling string that offers great control and spin, allowing players to open up and swing with freedom.
|Yonex - Polytour
Tennis String Buying Guide
As the point of contact between racket and ball, strings are a key component of a racket. We’ll lead you through the key considerations in this step by step guide.
1. What String Type Should I choose?
Synthetic Gut (Beginner/Intermediate Level String) The all rounder string, jack of all trades but master of none. Suited for players at a more basic standard and great value for money.
Multifilament (Beginner/Intermediate Level String) A cheaper alternative to natural gut, mimicking its soft, comfortable feel. A great choice for those who struggle with arm injuries or just prefer a softer feel.
Polyester (Advanced Level String) For advanced players looking for spin & control. Can be harsh on the arm so not recommended for beginners.
Natural Gut (Advanced Level String) Considered the ultimate for power, feel and comfort but its price is not for the faint hearted. Also less durable than its synthetic counterparts.
2. What String Gauge Should I Choose?
Thinner tennis strings will be less durable, however offer greater responsiveness, feel and spin potential.
Thicker tennis strings will offer slightly less performance but you will be rewarded with greater durability.
Much of this decision will be influenced by your budget and how often you wish to be visiting your local stringer!
3. What String Tension Should I Choose?
Once you have chosen your string type and gauge the last consideration is tension.
There is no ‘perfect’ tension and your choice will be defined by what benefits you wish to gain and which drawbacks you are willing to accept.
Lower tensions (around 50lbs) will give greater power, however this comes at the sacrifice of control. Strings also last longer at lower tensions so are a more budget friendly option.
Higher tensions (above 58lbs) will give greater control. If you find you are regularly firing balls long, an increased tension could be used to reign in some of that power. However, be aware that high tensions are more likely to cause arm injuries (especially with stiff polyester strings) and also decrease string durability.
UK Mainland Delivery
FREE if over £75 or £4.95
Standard 2-4 days delivery.
Express (Mon-Fri) 1-2 working days £5.95
Order by 1pm Monday-Friday for Next Working Day UK delivery.More Delivery Info
Unfortunately, due to Brexit, we will no longer be shipping outside of UK Mainland.
Return & Warranty
We have a simple 30 days (can be extended) upon receiving the order policy, but we will be flexible and extend this if it's a gift for a specific event, such a a birthday, this can be done by simply ticking the the gift option when purchasing.
We a provide a part filled returns form for all UK orders, simply follow the process below:
We provide a pre-filled returns form you can use for the return. For returns outside the UK, you'll be required to pay shipping costs with tracking.
Once received, a full refund to the value of the goods, minus the full cost of the us sending the order originally out to you will be given.
Our UK Address for returns is:
Unit 1, Greabridge Business Park,
Warranty Policy - Our Risk Free Support
Within 30 Days of receipt of the items?
Simple 30 days retailer warranty on all orders with genuine manufacturer defects.
More than 30 Days?
We work with the brands/suppliers to see if it can be covered under warranty for you (usually it is, but depends on the way the damage has occurred).
Still not covered but within 6 months of purchase?
We offer a crash replacement policy, where we offer a goodwill policy of 25% discount off your next order with us for the same/alternative replacement item, not including postage costs.
Price Match Promise
It's this simple - Find it cheaper and we'll match do our best to match the price where possible. Subject to conditions (see below).
So how does it work?
- Fill in the form and go ahead and place your order now Important: make sure you use the same email for both the price promise form and your order.
- We'll email you after the order has been placed confirming the difference for the price match, if there's any issue that comes up, we'll ask you what you want. Alternatively call us on 02381 449449.
* By requesting the price request you have checked it meets the requirements below.
The boring conditions bit:
- Make sure the item being sold elsewhere is new and include a direct link to it.
- We can only price match other UK retailers. International retailers can not be price matched.
- The item must be in stock and actively being sold.
- At our own discretion we can refuse to offer the price match. Where this is the case we will offer you a full refund, this is rare, but there are exceptions. We will offer to refund the order in full if this happens.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- We cannot provide retrospective price matching after you have already purchased from us in the past, as we cannot verify if on the date of original purchase the price of the alternative retailer you may ask us to price match with.
- Babolat products are excluded from this offer.